Thursday, August 21, 2008

Getting Involved

In Richard's post below, if I understand it (Dear Richard, you are a bit long-winded) he seems to be asking about how much involvement in current affairs seems appropriate. At my age I am somewhat limited physically -- but I can still toss words around. Just before the reunion I wrote a short piece which was deliberately provocative. May I suggest that anthroposophists seem to ride their high, hobby horses ad nauseam into the sunset of 'safe' areas of philosophic discourse.
By all means: Get Involved! That's what anthroposophy is all about. Become, as Peter v. Zezschwitz put it so many years ago, anthroposophers. (Do the Eurythmy, you'll see what I mean.)
In my essay I tried to become, how do you Canadians put it? "Dit Shisturbers?"
Here's the link: http://www.mccausland.cc/BHM/pages/Intellectual%20Integrity.htm

No comments: